A brunch that we’ll make together using recipes from the Thrive Energy Cookbook, written by vegan and former professional Ironman triathlete and a two-time Canadian 50km Ultra Marathon Champion, Brendan Brazier.
Thrive Energy recipes are designed to be deeply nourishing, energising, plant based, and taste fantastic. You’ll love getting your hands on the fresh ingredients and then sharing the wonders with your new found friends!
Together we’ll make and share Brendan Brazier’s:
- Pink watermelon and grapefruit cooler – simple and refreshing, this is the perfect summer drink.
- Watermelon, cucumber, and strawberry salad – a summertime favourite packed with hydrating and antioxidant qualities.
- Cashew berry french toast – the deliciousness of this French toast has made it a Thrive Energy brunch favourite.
- Mango Orange Crush – rich and creamy, this classic smoothie is a summertime favourite.
- Big Orange Smoothie Powder Mix – immune boosting, inflammation reducing, and adrenal nourishing, this powder packs a nutritional punch that we’ll add to the Mango Orange Crush.
We’ll be in the gorgeous kitchen of The Plant Based House (and if the weather holds we’ll open the glass wall to open into the garden!). We’ll all learn and make the delicious food , then enjoy our meal together.
The recipe’s author: Brendan Brazier is the bestselling author of the Thrive book series, and editor in chief of Alive magazine. He’s also a former professional Ironman triathlete and a two-time Canadian 50km Ultra Marathon Champion. Brendan is regarded as one of the world’s leading authorities on plant-based performance nutrition, and therefore works with several NHL, NFL, MLB, UFC, and Olympic athletes. He now invests in and works with socially responsible food & tech companies whose mandate is to fix our food system and reduce the environmental strain of food production.
The class leader: Tim Cook is passionate about living an optimum plant based life. He’s the founder of Raw Londoner, which is a community of health focused plant based people in London; a co-founder of The Plant Based House, a luxury conscious living and working space in South London; and a novice plant based tantric yogi and athlete. He brings passion for healthy plant based living combined with pragmatic results oriented approach. Tim has led many Superfood Smoothie workshops, Superfood Brunches, as well as health goal setting, and other plant based health events.
The venue: The Plant Based House, SW16 1LR
Full address given on booking
How to get there: It’s just a 10 minute walk from Streatham Hill station. There are lots of buses close by. Free street parking is available.